Architecture is the science and art of designing and constructing buildings.
It is said that architecture, since the ancient times, manifests the level of civilisation reached within a society. In ancient civilisations, such as in Mesopotamia and in Egypt, architecture also reflected the spiritual connection between humans and the supernatural forces, and was a reflection of the political power of the ruler or the ruling elite or the state itself.
A student in architecture ought to be imaginative and be able to think creatively. They ought to have the ability to analyse and critically assess problems. Having an understanding of history as well as cultural and environmental concerns are good additional attributes.
During an internship in architecture, you could be involved in tasks such as:
- Proposing drawings concepts.
- Meeting with clients.
- Preparing sketches and drawings.
- Consulting with engineers and other architects.
- Preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, paintings and drawings.
- Calculating costs and estimating timescales.
- Collecting data.
- Calculating the resistance of materials.
- Visiting sites.
Examples of architecture internships:
- Internship in construction management
- Internship in asset management
- Internship in project management
- Internship in urban design
- Internship in urban planning
- Internship in conservation
- Internship in construction law
- Internship in furniture design
- Internship in industrial design
- Internship in interior design
- Internship in disaster relief
- Internship in property development
If you are looking for an architecture internship, feel free to contact us using the form below: