Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that involves the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and built environment, such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, houses and buildings.
A civil engineering internship could be carried out in a construction company for example or a council and can entail tasks such as assisting in the design of buildings and structures and consultation. The relevant tasks can relate to roads, railroads, airports, bridges, ports, dams, irrigation projects, power plants and water or sewerage systems.
As a civil engineering intern your focus might also be on the environment and tasks such as the collection and treatment of waste water and industrial waste, pollution control, environmental protection, resource management and evaluating the impact of large-scale projects on the environment.
Examples of civil engineering internships:
- Internship in state government, excluding education and hospitals
- Internship in local government, excluding education and hospitals
- Internship in town planning
- Internship in environmental engineering
- Internship in non-residential building construction
- Internship in federal government
- Internship in construction management
- Internship in an engineering consulting firm
If you are looking for a civil engineering internship, feel free to contact us using the form below: