Communication is the process of exchanging information by using various media.
As a communication intern you may be involved a company’s internal communication informing its employees of work-related matters, adding value to a product or a brand, creating customer loyalty, or attracting new customers for example.
In a communication internship, you could be involved in some of the following tasks:
- Assisting in the development of a branding strategy.
- Preparing and delivering reports based on research findings.
- Working with communications and marketing professionals of the host organisation or clients of the host organisation.
- Providing clients with advice and recommendations according to communication strategies.
- Seeking media opportunities.
- Conducting media analysis in order to understand how a client is portrayed in the media.
- Working on a strategic communication group.
- Contributing to strategic communication solutions.
- Ensuring consistency in communication style and structure.
- Ensuring quality and standards in media services and products.
- Providing consistent and accurate updates to stakeholders.
- Collecting information and identifying issues.
- Writing articles.
- Preparing media releases.
- Editing information for websites.
- Managing relationships.
- Ensuring that professional media industry networks are developed, supported and utilised efficiently.
Examples of communication internships:
- Internship in public relations (PR)
- Internship in a non-profit organisation
- Internship in a government organisation
- Internship in an international organisation
- Internship in an embassy or a consulate
- Internship in a PR or a marketing agency
- Internship in a corporation
- Internship in a TV channel
- Internship in media and PR
If you are looking for a communication internship, feel free to contact us using the form below: