The student intern may supply information by sending us your CV and/or other contact details by submitting an enquiry via web forms, by enquiring and registering on our website or by making your information publicly available via Social Media platforms. We may require contacting third parties in order to assist the student intern’s application for the internship search program that we offer, we will endeavour to advise the student intern of the purposes of collecting this information.
The student intern’s information will be stored on our secure internal database and may be accessed by our consultants in order to aid in the search process. The student intern’s information is collected in order to assess the student intern’s course requirements, skills and suitability for the search program and to assist us in the search and matching process in order to match the student intern with host organisations.
CareerDC handles the student intern’s personal information with discretion and care and is protected from viewing by unauthorized individuals. Personal information sent to host organisations are treated equally.
During the search process we may ask for the student intern permission to disclose certain information to host organisations. This request may be made in writing, via the telephone, or by electronic mediums. The student intern information may also be disclosed to referees or to our associated companies.
We may disclose the student intern information without their consent where:
- We take appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, (careerdcinternships.com) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online’’
- We are not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- We suspect that an unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter
- We reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- We are authorised or required by law to do so (e.g. where the information is required by bodies regulating us or in response to subpoenas or warrants)
All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
If you have a query or complaint about the way your information is being handled, please contact us. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Service delivery policy:
CareerDC is a consulting company that provide service for the student interns and educational institutes. CareerDC guarantees that CareeDC consultants will assist the student intern in finding a suitable internship. However, CareerDC can not estimate the time it takes in the search process because CareerDC can not control all the circumstances such as the decisions of the host organisations and the performance of the student intern during the interviews.
If you have a major problem with a service or a minor problem that can’t be fixed within a reasonable time you have the right to cancel a service where you can provide evidence that you were not provided with an unacceptable level of care and skill unfit for the purpose you asked for.
If you have a problem with a service, please contact CareerDC in writing to explain the problem and show evidence within 24 hours of the occurrence of a problem. If CareerDC cannot fix the problem in a reasonable time, state that you want to cancel the service.
The enrolment fee is a portion of the total fee that CareerDC charges for the consulting time involved in the internship search process. The enrolment fee is used to re-write the CV of the student to make it country, language and industry compliant. Therefore, on cancellation of the program; the enrolment fee is non-refundable as the student will receive their updated CV that they can freely use.
The enrolment fee is refundable if the student intern asked CareerDC for a copy of their updated CV and has not received within 5 working days.
The program fee covers CareerDC’s consulting time for:
- Phone and electronic communication with the student intern.
- Phone and electronic communication with educational institutes.
- Research involved in the industry, location, and total internship requirement by the student intern and the educational institute.
- Time involved in organising interviews for the student intern.
- Time involved in assisting the student intern, the educational institutes and the host organisations in completing the internship agreement and related paperwork if required.
CareerDC will not refund the program fee if:
- The student intern terminates the internship found by CareerDC and transfers to another internship that the student intern found using his/her own resources.
- The student intern has failed to provide evidence from their University/Educational institute that an Internship CareerDC has arranged for the student intern does not meet the University’s/Educational Institute’s requirements.
- The application that the student intern has provided CareerDC with false or misleading information.
- Payments are confirmed via email within 24 hours of receiving the payment.
- Refunds will be made onto the original mode of payment and will be processed within 10 to 45 days depends on the issuing bank of the credit card.