UAE’s capital is Abu Dhabi. Living in there is full of advantages, as every city in the world, you can find disadvantages for sure, but the positives points outweigh the negatives ones. First, you have to know that Abu Dhabi is a place with people from differents nationalities contributing to the mix of languages, food, talents, culture … You will learn a lot about the world around you and about yourself while doing your internship in Abu Dhabi.
- As in Dubai, the first language there is Arabic, but because of the multiculturality of the place, you’ll be able to speak English easily to anyone.
- Moreover, about the accommodations, you will find different kind of places to live. For example, you will find Airbnb, couchsurfing, hostels but also lots of student residence so you can share your place with other student in order to meet new people but also to lower the price of your rent. About the locations for your accommodations, you can stay at the Corniche which is one of the best part of the city because of all the things around as Al Mina Port, the Emirates palace or even the Marina Mall, moreover, there is almost always sunshine there. Still remember that Abu Dhabi renting is really expensive.
- Furthermore, you will be able to find a large offer of different food and it will be extremely reasonable when talking about prices.
Regarding entertainment, Abu Dhabi is an incredible place. Indeed, there are a whole new cultural attractions as Saadiyat Island. You can also find lots of performances as the F1, the Ultimate fighting championship or even the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage.
Transport to your accommodation from Abu Dhabi Airport
Upon arrival pass through immigration and customs first. After such a long flight you would maybe like to take a Taxi to your accommodation. But if you are into saving some money right away, you can also consider taking the train or airport shuttle.
Some taxis are available in tu Abu Dhabi airport. They are located near from the clock transport from the airport Taxis are available at any time of the day and night
The taxi pick-up area is at the lower curbside outside Arrivals Hall for Terminals 1 & 3.
The taxis services are very good and cars are luxury. The taxis should accept a lot of different currencies so if you have US dollars or euros the taxis can accept it (ask him if he accept it or not)
- Meter Starting Fare (Flag Fall): AED 25.00
- Every 1 km up to 50 km (6am-10pm): AED 1.6
- Every 1 km up to 50 kms (10pm – 6am): AED 1.69
- Every 1 km over 50 kms: 9 fils extra
- Every 1 minute of waiting time (first 5 minutes free):50 fils
Buses in Abu Dhabi are very good with air condition in the bus and the bus stops
Buses depart from:
- The lower curbside outside Terminals 1 and 3 and outside Terminal 2
- The Cargo Building
- The Police Complex
- All bus stops are clearly indicated with blue and white signs.
- Every 40 minutes, All day and night
- A single ticket is AED 4.
- Travel time to the city is approximately 45 minutes, depending on traffic.
The shuttle service is available every 15 minutes. Shuttle stops are signposted and are located outside Terminal 1 at Entrance 5 and at Terminal 2 in front of Departures.
City Shuttle Bus operating hours:
Monday – Friday from 8am – 9pm.
Saturdays from 8am – 6pm.
Sundays from 8am – 5pm.
The cost is $10 per person each way.
Different public transport modes in Abu Dhabi are available: These include Bus, Ferries, Metro, LRT and other modes of public transport
Bus: The service is easy to use, with passengers hopping in and out of any bus by placing two Dirham coins in the collection box next to the driver. If you are planning to use the bus on a regular basis, day passes – monthly passes at AED 80 (US$ 21.8) are also available.
Metro: The system will be composed of four basic lines. The metro will mainly connect the proposed Central Business District with Sowwah Island, Reem Island, Saadiyat Island, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi International Airport and Masdar, Capital City District, Emerald Gateway, Zayed Sports City and ADNEC.